The Organizing Committee of the 12th EAI International Conference on e‐Infrastructure and e‐Services for Developing Countries (AFRICOMM 2020) invites proposals for workshops to be conducted along with the main conference. The purpose of these workshops is to discuss work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to e‐Infrastructure and e‐Services for Developing Countries. AFRICOMM 2020 will be held in Mauritius on December 3-4 and will be hosted by the African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) and the Middlesex University, Mauritius.
- Workshop title
- Abstract (less than 200 words)
- Name, affiliation, postal address, and e-mail address for each organizer
- Identification of the primary contact person(s)
- Background and Motivation
- Workshop format, including the target number of participants, planned activities
- Soliciting Submissions: Indicate how you plan to attract submissions and/or participants.
- Selecting Participants: Indicate how you plan to select participants and contributions to the workshop.
- Organizers: Give short descriptions of each of the organizers’ background and interests
Workshop proposals will be peer-reviewed by the Co-Chairs based on the criteria described above. We aim to select a diverse set of workshops and avoid having multiple workshops on overlapping themes. Organisers of selected workshops will be asked to produce a Call for Papers to describe the workshop to potential participants and solicit submissions.
- May 15, 2020: Workshop proposals deadline
- May 23, 2020: Notification of acceptance
Workshop Proposal Content
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages.
It must describe the topic, rationale and objectives for the workshop, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio and
an estimate of expected attendance.
Submitting Your Proposal
The deadline for submission is May 15th, 2020. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the proposal (max. 4 pages) and the CFPSubmit proposal