- Workshop on Creativity and Innovation in Information Systems in the Developing Countries confirmed
- Submission open for AFRICOMM 2016 - more information available below:
8th EAI International Conference on e‐Infrastructure and e‐Services for Developing Countries
Deploying efficient and effective infrastructures and solutions when limited resources are available is a challenging task and a key-enabler for the diffusion of ICT in developing countries. The aim of this conference is bringing together international researchers, students, public officers, policy makers and practitioners in ICT to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
AFRICOMM 2016 solicits high-quality papers reporting research results and/or experimental results on e-Infrastructures and e-Services for developing countries. Submissions will be judged on their originality, significance, clarity, relevance, and technical correctness. Accepted papers will be published in Springer digital library.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of paper into following journals:
The topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE.
- ICT security issues in developing countries
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bittorent, etc) in developing countries
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc
- Ubiquitous networks and environments
- Smart Objects
- Social Networks and e-Government
- Emergency and Disaster Management
Submissions should be submitted electronically as PDF in Confy system here.
1 May 2016 - Submission Deadline (Workshop & Tutorial Proposals)
26 June 2016 - Submission Deadline (Full Papers)
24 July 2016 - Notification Deadline (Full Papers)
7 August 2016 - Submission Deadline (Workshop Papers, Short Papers, Posters/Demos)
4 September 2016 Notification Deadline (Workshop Papers, Short Papers, Posters/Demos)
2 October 2016 - Camera-Ready Deadline
6 – 8 December 2016 - Conference Dates